Major differences between SB and SP4?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely getting one but I just can't make a distinct enough separation to pick a clear winner. Not to mention the high-end models are the exact same price. What am I missing?

I know the Surfacebook has a better GPU and is likely more durable (and heavier), but what are the glaring differences? I apologize if WC has already written an article on this and if so a link would be appreciated. My SP3 is on ebay so there's no turning back now. I need to make a decision.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The Surface Book is more of a laptop while the Surface Pro is more of a tablet. The Book comes with a full keyboard and dynamic fulcrum hinge while the Surface Pro has a kickstand and a Type Cover which is basically a keyboard case (except high quality). The Book is much thicker as a laptop (still incredibly thin) but slightly thinner as a tablet. The Pro probably has better battery life and performance compared to the Book as a tablet alone, but the Book has better battery life and performance when it's a laptop. It depends on what you want.
Arguably the Pro is more portable and I, personally, would go for that option as it seems to be a bit better value (although the Book is gorgeous), but the Book has more power and more "lapability." You just have to decide what you want most. A laptop, or a tablet?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
No ports on the clipboard form of the surface book, but it is thinner and lighter, no kickstand, and only 3-4 battery. If u use it for reading or surfing, think that will be just fine.

The book with the larger screen and dpi, and ability to dock a GPU and full keyboard, is better for photo editing, something I do often,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre