was looking for info on a Surface 3 for my sister when I came across this Surface Book vs. MacBook Pro comparison from FStoppers. Oh my, there is definitely a point of view here (though the guy is a Surface Pro 4 fan). I'll let it speak for itself.

(though he did cover something I've been wondering about, which is if the Clipboard batteries can be charged from the base, the answer is "no")
    Last edited by phelme; 10-25-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    10-25-2015 03:52 PM
    I don't totally agree with everything he said, and he had some strange ideas that didn't sound...I wouldn't say factual because they're opinions but...not backed by logic. However, it was (in the scheme of things) a great first impression that was 90% unbiased which in the tech review world is very good.
    I also think that it's great for a guy who so appreciates Apple build quality and craftsmanship could look at a first generation product that has never seen its like before and go "Wow, that's pretty darn close in every way." Especially since the Surface Book is in a different class than the MacBook Pro, yet more advanced in some ways. It's pretty interesting when you think about it.
    10-25-2015 05:41 PM
    I cant take anyone serious if they overpay for aLIEnWARE computers!! lol
    10-25-2015 07:23 PM
    LOL! You can clearly see this guy is Pro Apple, first of all why is he not comparing the 13 inch Surface Book to the 13 inch MacPro.............? Yup because the 15 inch will destroy it, it is bigger and has a faster processor. He says he is unbiased but you can clearly see the nitpicking and such little things....... really the sound of your fingers rubbing on the surface determine which one is better?
    10-25-2015 11:48 PM
    After this guy compared the 13in Surface book to the 15in MBP in speed tests because "they couldn't find a 13' MBP in the apple store I honestly don't believe a thing this guy says. There is a obvious bias, so I won't give him the time of day.
    10-26-2015 01:36 AM
    Oo, shiny ;)

Evolution has turned grown up men into magpies.
    Alfa Kapa likes this.
    10-26-2015 10:57 AM
    He was talking about the feel of the metal. People are kind of conditioned by aluminum meaning premium. Clearly not all metals are exactly like aluminum and the general public's brain has been programmed by "premium" aluminum products.

He did the same "feel" test with the keyboards though and like the Surface Book better than the clicky clack MacBook keyboard.
    10-27-2015 04:58 PM