Surface Book Freezing After Firmware Update

mhettrich

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It's day two people....relax. I'm sure there will be updates forthcoming to fix these problems. Also remember that many times the complaints we see on these forums don't happen to the majority. Many people come to forums specifically to state problems and try to have them worked out. It isn't always an accurate representation of the overall quality of a product.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Now that I've been up and running I have experienced a little bit of the flicker now and then, but I'm also confident these minor issues will be fixed with updates.

bhatech

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow some people are clueless or really just trolling. Judging a device by some online forum issue threads? Really?
Every device released ever will have a big list of issues thread in every device forum, that's how it is. Some are legit, some are nitpick users but bottom line I think they represent some tiny subset of people. If you have an issue take it back and get an exchange. Again have an issue take it back again to exchange or return it? Its not that they will take your money and prevent you from exchange or returns.

Jan73

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Got mine i7 yesterday... and it's absolutely gorgeous! Physically flawless! I was able to go through the startup and setup just fine. Then it started to look for new updates and after installing the latest update it wanted to restart. 10 minutes into my SB experience and it fall hard on its face... the SB couldn't start back up. It keeps giving me startup error after startup error, and even going through every single advanced option, including re-setting the entire SB with recovery key doesn't work. I later found out through MSFT that there are several SB's in early shipments that shipped with corrupted hard drives. Re-imaging the SB may work, if you have the image, but if you are encountering this restart issue related to hard drive corruption like I have... it's probably best to take it back and get a new one or get your money back until the quality control is stabile. Quality control with the manufacturers is always an issue with early releases... and this one seems to be fatal.

njdev1k

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issues since yesterday. Camera app still hit or miss to take picture using rear camera. Also noticed a newer driver for the Intel 520 display on Intel's website but won't install on Surface Book. Anyhow, working great since last night and all of today so far.

7a2eer

Banned
Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Tell me more about it please :D Like how many vs how many?
But please, you really need to take sometime to wander around Apple product forums and hear their cries.

^ This
But you have to remember that Apple has a significantly greater number of customers. At this point it would be unfair to compare the two.

mhettrich

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I will add that I have seen the color tone issue as well. Hope there is a fix for it soon as it can be distracting.

Just noticed that I am having this color issue as well. Seems to occur when I am scrolling through webpages. I've also noticed a sort of popping noise every so often. I'm sure these will be addressed in updates.

Garf Leonard

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
:)))) sorry guys, it really feels bad as you must have spent a lot of money on those. But your experience now confirms the lack of quality in MS products. As fanboys as some here are, please how on earth you go and spend almost 2000$ on this only to have it freeze and all sort of problems users have posted here???? HOW??? I have my macbook pro since 2010 and have never had any issues with it, never! As bad as you all think Apple is, and greedy and all sort of things, their products on the most part last! of course there are issues also, as in every product but please. This thread is a pure reason NOT to buy this surface book!

You do realize that people who have problems are more likely to come here looking for solutions and to post about their problems. For every one user having issues, there are probably 90 or more that have no problems. Same with Apple.

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
:)))) sorry guys, it really feels bad as you must have spent a lot of money on those. But your experience now confirms the lack of quality in MS products. As fanboys as some here are, please how on earth you go and spend almost 2000$ on this only to have it freeze and all sort of problems users have posted here???? HOW??? I have my macbook pro since 2010 and have never had any issues with it, never! As bad as you all think Apple is, and greedy and all sort of things, their products on the most part last! of course there are issues also, as in every product but please. This thread is a pure reason NOT to buy this surface book!
I hope that antagonizing people over a product purchase of all things fills whatever is missing in your life.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have not said that macbooks do not have problems, even from day one, but few of them and I have not seen SO MANY as here and so severe from the start. Keep praising MS and throw your money to them to receive a broken toy. As for the apps, I was talking about apps from the Store, or aren't we here talking and waiting for more apps to come to the WINDOWS STORE ALSO??? NOT ONLY the windows phone? as I remember Windows Store was not created with the start of Windows 10, it exists since Windows 8 with a mediocre collection of apps..

Obvious Apple ****** is obvious.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
You are clearly trolling, or really dumb. If you aren't seeing MacBook problems, you aren't looking for them. I am no appologist for these issues, and am OS agnostic. I have a 15" rMBP, have had (and have) many iPhones and iPads. I am not an Apple or MS hater. The fact is, early adopters often find issues. It is the nature of being an early adopter. As your posts are pretty clear, you came here looking for Surface Book problems to troll. By the way, your English is terrible. You should troll a site that's in your own language.

MacBook Pro with Retina display: Problems in every dimension | 9to5Mac
MacBook Pro Problems: Apple acknowledges keyboard and trackpad issues ? fix inbound
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4735947?start=0&tstart=0

Didn't find anything else to say but my language :))) sorry I haven't graduated Harvard to stay and write correctly every word...

jbestman

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Please just shut up with the Apple is perfect nonsense. People like you give us MB users a bad name. This is a Generation 1 product, it will have issues. People are here to voice them and see if they can find solutions.

You, like a child, are derailing that and turning this into a Apple/Microsoft contest. The problem with that is some users would now become defensive instead of being honest about what they are experiencing. This does not help neutral users that are simply researching this product and want to hear the truth; good or bad.

Again, stop with the nonsense. And folks, just ignore the troll. He obviously has too much time on his hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon