Did anyone resolve their credit card issues?

DrunkasaurusRex

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
My order is still "in process" even though it was supposed to ship by today. I have received two emails saying I need to update my payment information, neither link actually allows me the option, saying "your order is not available for a payment update".
I have called my bank twice, and MS support multiple times. Each time the answer is the same "If your payment information is correct and you contacted your bank your order will be shipped when payment is authorized". So literally telling me to just wait and see what happens. I really don't understand what's going on but I suspect it's some sort of glitch in their system.
I've read numerous reports of people having a similar issue and it always ends with the order being cancelled.
Meanwhile (and most irritatingly) my warranty has shipped and is currently being held at my apartment's front desk. I refuse to pick it up because I don't even want to see the ******* thing, it'll just make me more angry.
So please, can someone say they actually resolved this issue? I'm running extremely low on hope of my order ever being processed and can't imagine waiting 7-8 weeks after reordering...

DrunkasaurusRex

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, I can answer my own question. After dealing with MS support extensively over the past week I am positive no one resolved their credit card issues.
Their system cannot see any more about your order than you can. Their system cannot do anything that you cannot do on the Microsoft Store website.
However, what the support employees WILL do is give you false information to keep you happy and get you off the phone. MS will never run an order a second time after payment is declined. The only way to initiate reauthorization of the card is through the "update payment" email that didn't work for me because "an update cannot be processed". Support likes to tell you your order could be magically reauthorized at any time so you don't have to face the reality of what is basically a cancelled order for a product you were anxiously waiting for.
Ultimately, the only people that can (I'm told) MIGHT(?!) be able to offer any sort of help on actually processing and troubleshooting my order are the mysterious escalated "level two" support that were supposed to call me within 24-48 hours. Well it's been over 48 hours and I'm not holding my breath.
Assuming this "level two" support never materializes, I have to return the warranty they shipped me (I have to return, through the mail, a warranty), cancel my Surface Book order (still "in process" and "ships by October 26th!!"), then make a new order, and cross my fingers it ships December 4th.

Now, I get that most of my rant has been about the online store, because it is a steaming pile of garbage, but I would also like my bank to jump off a cliff. I would still be blissfully unaware of the MS store inadequacy if Wells Fargo hadn't ~*Detected Fraudulent Charges*~. I'm extremely tempted to turn off fraud protection (is that allowed?) and just start checking my card balance every day so I never have to go through this again.

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have s teh mysterious Level 2 elevation that never calls the way the first level says they will. They never called me either.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DrunkasaurusRex

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I have s teh mysterious Level 2 elevation that never calls the way the first level says they will. They never called me either.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
They actually came through for me (sort of). They authorized a 10 percent discount, free 1 day shipping, and delivery by November 20th. They also charged my card (even though the item hasn't shipped). To me "don't pay until it ships" is a scary thing now.
Currently I am cautiously happy with Microsoft Store's elevated support. If they get me my Book by the 20th I will be happy. A $170 discount is significant.

Last edited:

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
For my SB order, my credit card was charged (successfully) on 24 Oct but I still haven't received shipment e-mail. Order status is still "In process. Ships by 26 October".

Called the hotline today and they gave me a rather ridiculous response - my order was shipped on 26 Oct but tracking number is still not available yet.

Alright, so Microsoft asked FedEx/UPS to pick-up the SB and they don't know the tracking number even after 3 working days.

I'm afraid that my order is now in a deadlock state that will never ship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium