Hey guys,my surface book with i7 16GB 512GB and dedicated graphics seems to drain battery much quicker than advertised.

Just browsing internet, with battery saver and screen brightness at 25%, no graphic/ image processing. It's been on battery for about 2 hours, and almost 50% of my battery life is gone.

After monitoring it closely with BatteryMon, I got a discharge rate of ~16 W sounds like the fan is running.

What are you guys getting?
    10-28-2015 06:09 PM
    Have you tried running a battery report? Your results might be interesting. What web browser are you using?

Here's some info on running a battery report: How to generate a Battery Report in Windows 10 | Windows Central
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-28-2015 06:27 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!

My Book has never given me the advertised Battery Life either. I have the i5, 256gb, 8gb, dGPU.

I've been trying to determine what is causing it. The most I got out of it was around 4-5hrs. It's better than my Pro 1, but definitely not the 12 hours I was expecting.

I've noticed that Book gets the correct battery life when only one battery is being used, but sporadically it will try to use both at the same time and drains both super quickly for some reason. I'm guessing Edge and Skylake's GPU are to blame, because like others, I'm having issues where the screen would randomly flicker and go completely black on some sites, namely those that are trying to play video.

I'm going to wait out a couple days and then do a factory reset. If it doesn't get any better, I'll go through the process of exchanging it for another one

Try this in command prompt and see your stats.
    powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html
    10-28-2015 06:28 PM
    Thanks guys, I will give the battery_report a try.
    meanwhile I have some table from BatteryMon
    capture.png

I noticed that Skype in the background takes quite a chunk of battery (26% according to the battery report) so I have it disabled from startup now.
    and I am mostly using Chrome.

Let's share some battery drain charts when they become available.
    10-29-2015 05:54 PM
    Wow pretty cool, here are my results
    Battery Estimation based on past uses
    b_esti.png

b_plot.png

b_cap.png

Looks like my Full Charge Capacity is going down roughly 1%/ charge and increasing.
    Is this normal?
    10-29-2015 06:04 PM