My $1899 GPU Model just died ;(

Hardcore1973

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
So after owning the Surface Book for a couple days (I own 2 of them and a Surface Pro 4), the model with the GPU died today. The base of the unit will not charge, the keyboard doesn't work, the dock will not undock, and the touchpad doesn't work.

I have not had any issues with the $1499 model or the Surface Pro 4 yet (knock on wood).

Anyone else have these issues yet?

Hardcore1973

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I was unable to do the power and volume down button combo, the system won't power up anymore. No one has another one to swap out so I will have to return it for a refund.

RameshSubramanian

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
My i7/512GB/16GB/dGPU died on me yesterday.

It started to show low battery and was very slow, I connected the charger and restarted the SB since it was very slow. But it never came back up :(

Even though the charger was connected SB would show no charge indicator when I try to switch it on and it eventually lost all power that it couldn't even show that. The physical detach key would continuously show red , so no way to detach the tablet section and charge it. I tried hard reset to no avail. Had to return it to BB. Now waiting for my replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99