I have some areas of the screen where the light bleeds through at the edge. It's most notable when watching a video (black bars due to resolution) or playing a game that requires scaling (XCom.) Mine is in the top left where I can almost see the three bulbs, kind of like lights lighting up a billboard. There is also some light along the left edge although this is more of a blanket lighting with not specific bright spots showing.

I'm trying to determine if I should exchange it. I'm having all the same problems as what seems like everything else so I'm not too concerned about switching the hardware as I'm pretty confident these issues are software/firmware related. Anybody else's experience with the screen would be most welcome.

Thank you,
    11-05-2015 04:16 PM
    I have the light bleed also. Believe me, for $2,100+, I am disappointed.
    JMack27 likes this.
    11-05-2015 05:08 PM
    My wife's has a little. I have none. My mother-in-law's is pretty bad in my view but I doubt she will ever notice.

I'm the only one who is hyper-sensitive about it. So I'm not exchanging anything. I'll cry if I find out I have to exchange it because of a hardware defect. I feel like I won the Surface Book display lottery even if I am having all sorts of other issues.

I exchanged 3 Samsung Windows tablets in a row on Amazon until the 4th was backlight bleed free two years ago. I hate freaking backlight bleed. Surprised Amazon let me do that. I have no idea what Microsoft's policy IS but it SHOULD be exchangeable in my view. I think it hurts the experience.
    11-05-2015 08:54 PM
    It's good to know that if I want to spend the time and energy I may get one that's better. I guess that will push me that direction if some of these other items don't clear up. It's just such a hassle re-installing all my programs. I guess I'm pretty good at it now since I did about 5 fresh Windows 10 installs in the past few month.
    11-05-2015 09:16 PM
    I have some areas of the screen where the light bleeds through at the edge. It's most notable when watching a video (black bars due to resolution) or playing a game that requires scaling (XCom.) Mine is in the top left where I can almost see the three bulbs, kind of like lights lighting up a billboard.
    Aiii, what? That sounds crazy. Do you have a picture? I'd exchange that, but that's just me (if I spent this much money).
    11-05-2015 09:24 PM
    It's good to know that if I want to spend the time and energy I may get one that's better. I guess that will push me that direction if some of these other items don't clear up. It's just such a hassle re-installing all my programs. I guess I'm pretty good at it now since I did about 5 fresh Windows 10 installs in the past few month.
    Errr.. Or you can just make an image of your system and load it in like 10 mins..
    11-05-2015 09:33 PM
    Yeah, but not knowing what may or may not be causing the issues with the current SB I'd probably opt for not bringing anything else over from it... I'll see how it plays out...
    11-05-2015 09:45 PM