Well this is strange... where did my touchpad settings go?

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So, I open my Book to take it out of sleep, I sit down to browse some news while I have my morning coffee. I open my browser and start to scroll through the news... but it doesn't work. Figured its the same bug I usually get where the touchpad acts up so I reboot it and try again. Still cannot scroll, this time I notice I can't scroll in anything not just the browser. I check the touchpad settings and this is what I see:

WhereDidMyTouchPadGo.jpg

Has anyone else had their touchpad settings randomly disappear? What the heck?

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems if the base isn't being detected then the settings disappear. I had the screen on backward, no settings. Put the screen on towards the keyboard and the trackpad settings appear.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Weird. All I did was open the lid and the touchpad stopped working, it wasn't detached or anything. Bleh.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

valadon

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I get this fairly often when the computer wakes up, two finger scrolling will no longer work and the trackpad settings are gone from the settings menu. If I detach and re-attach the screen it usually starts working again. It will happen 3 times in a row, and then not happen for 2 days, then do it again...

Kind of a pain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos