BSOD when detaching screen

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've had this issue for a while now. Every time I detach my screen, it gives me blue screen. Every single time. Up to date, not preview. Anyone else been having this problem? Been looking for a fix for a while, can't find anything.

gamer_stew

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I personally haven't, most I have is the screen going completely black when I move it causing me to do a hard reboot once in a blue moon. Have you checked to make sure all updates have been installed?

Erik Talbert

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Are you using EDGE? If so download a different web browser, EDGE is causing this problem right now and should be avoided on surface books, mine is working 100% perfectly currently, and most problems are reported for EDGE.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you using EDGE? If so download a different web browser, EDGE is causing this problem right now and should be avoided on surface books, mine is working 100% perfectly currently, and most problems are reported for EDGE.

Nope. Running Firefox and chrome. Reinstalled windows twice now, still same problem.

Stocklone

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
After resetting Windows after the firmware update last week, I went from having a bunch of BSODs when detaching/attaching to none. Like it settled down. Anybody else have that? Surface Book seems most buggy when you first set it up.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I returned it. It blue screed 3 times in 10 min while I was at Msft store trying to fix it. They said its not normal. Went onto a backorder list for i5 instead of i7.

mcf517

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem now. It started when I did the November update. Going to talk to MS support chat soon to see what they have to say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett