Hey guys, I got a Surface Book, i5, 256GB, NVidia GPU.

Sometimes after reset, sleep, the Nvidia chipset seems to disappear, the device manager no longer shows it, and the Nvidia Control Panel complains no hardware was found. A few resets usually fixes it, not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software glitch, anyone else seen something like this?
    11-12-2015 05:28 PM
    Yes, I've seen the same thing on the same model Surface Book. For me, simply detaching the clipboard and re-attaching usually causes the GPU to be recognized again (no restart needed).
    11-12-2015 06:23 PM
    ohh gotta try that, seems like an easy solution, dont want to go for a hardware replacement...
    11-12-2015 07:43 PM
    Yeah, I think it's more of a software glitch at this point, because I've only ever seen it happen maybe 2 or 3 times since I got my SB (day 1), and each time just detach/reattach has fixed it. One time, I didn't realize the GPU wasn't being recognized and I loaded up a game... graphics looked horrible. So, I exited the game, detached the clipboard and re-attached it and checked the device manager to make sure the GPU was there. It was, and then I re-loaded my game, fixed the graphics settings and away I went without issue. I hope that fixes it for you, too.
    11-13-2015 10:34 AM
    I donlt seem to have the Nvidea control panel, though I have the GPU and Device Manager indicates it is active. How to I get the control panel?
    11-18-2015 04:22 PM
    The nvidia control panel is in the ... control panel (the main windows control panel, that is -- that sounds completely stupid!). If you don't have it, did you do a clean install or a reset of your SB? Mine was pre-installed.

Someone here (another thread awhile ago) suggested deleting the GPU in the device manager, detaching the clipboard and then re-attaching it (forcing the system to re-install the driver for the GPU). You might try that, or contact MS for instructions.
    11-19-2015 10:06 AM