display driver still stopping and recovering

GregCra

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've done all the firmware updates. The display driver is now dated Oct 27, 2015..but several times a day it stops and auto recovers. It happens quickly so it's not too much of a problem.. but i'm wondering if others are having this problem too? It happens more when i'm windows of small videos running - but it can happen almost anytime to.. and I can't force to reproduce it. Anyone else?
thx
Greg

Garf Leonard

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
LMAO, no, I never had this issue..
Until I read this thread, navigated back to the forum thread list, and the driver stop and recover notification appeared in the bottom right corner! Annoying to say the least, but not nearly annoying as my surface book locking up and becoming unresponsive after sitting for an extended period of time.

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had three different Surface Books (all exchanged for this reason), they have all done it. I still get BSoD, display driver crashing, and small lock ups.

Each unit has had the same super small imperfection in the very bottom left corner (about one inch from the left) where the magnesium meets the glass screen. Hopefully my third one will not have any issues. :)

worwig

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I seldom have it, but one of my hobbies is map editing. (the stylus is awesome for that BTW) The map editing software does it about every 30 seconds. Very frustrating.
And I get the BSOD about 50% of the time when I remove the clipboard. That is embarrassing when you are showing off you new device.

GregCra

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks all. I thought I read they fixed the driver issue and I thought I was the only one. Sounds like we are all in this together. I"ll wait for an update. Thanks for replying!
Greg

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
They really need to fix this issue... you guys are nice to be so patient. The average consumer is returning their Books left and right (Saw it with my own eyes at Best Buy). Not so much at the MS stores, but Best Buy (probably due to Best Buy credit cards having 0% financing on anything over $500 (I think?). Approaching a month now since release and they still haven't released a proper display driver or fixed all the "software" bugs. You guys are brave to keep your SP4's and Book's passed 30 days....

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
LMAO, no, I never had this issue..
Until I read this thread, navigated back to the forum thread list, and the driver stop and recover notification appeared in the bottom right corner! Annoying to say the least, but not nearly annoying as my surface book locking up and becoming unresponsive after sitting for an extended period of time.

How did you solve this problem. I think I have that same problem now. I put the Book to sleep and left it overnight and now it won't start up...

<TED>

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
They really need to fix this issue... you guys are nice to be so patient. The average consumer is returning their Books left and right (Saw it with my own eyes at Best Buy). Not so much at the MS stores, but Best Buy (probably due to Best Buy credit cards having 0% financing on anything over $500 (I think?). Approaching a month now since release and they still haven't released a proper display driver or fixed all the "software" bugs. You guys are brave to keep your SP4's and Book's passed 30 days....

Man, if only Microsoft made the drivers for the Intel integrated GPU...

Also, people aren't returning them "left and right", despite "seeing it with (your) own eyes".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05