Hi, I live in Belgium and am seriously considering getting myself a US Surface Book, since UK sales only start in Spring 2016 and UK always gets MSFT stuff before we do. I am worried about support and warranty though, especially with the troublesome start (flickering screen, slow SSD's, BSOD...). Is there anyone here who has bought a Surface Book and lives outside the US/Canada? Do you have experience with warranty/support?
    Or is this just a very bad idea and should I buy the SP4? I like the bigger screen size of SB for writing and multitasking. I also am really disappointed by SP4 battery life...
    Thanks!
    11-15-2015 05:00 AM
    Hi, I live in Belgium and am seriously considering getting myself a US Surface Book, since UK sales only start in Spring 2016 and UK always gets MSFT stuff before we do. I am worried about support and warranty though, especially with the troublesome start (flickering screen, slow SSD's, BSOD...). Is there anyone here who has bought a Surface Book and lives outside the US/Canada? Do you have experience with warranty/support?
    Or is this just a very bad idea and should I buy the SP4? I like the bigger screen size of SB for writing and multitasking. I also am really disappointed by SP4 battery life...
    Thanks!
    As far as I can tell, warranty and support don't exist for products bought outside your country. That certainly is the case with mine. The only exceptions are where worldwide warranty is given. I recently got a surface 3 which isn't sold in my country. No warranty or support. Use with care
    11-15-2015 05:22 AM
    While I don't own a Surface Book I can say that like all new products there are always going to be issues with the first few batches. The Surface 4 apparently gets better battery life with the Fall Update and later firmware.
    11-15-2015 05:24 AM