Kind of irritated. Getting random BSOD with Internal_Power_Error listed as the cause. Googled the issue, but didn't come across any apparent fixes for the Surface Book.

Has anyone here remedied this yet?
    11-15-2015 05:46 PM
    Got the same message two times yesterday
    11-16-2015 05:05 AM
    I get it every time I detach the screen since I did the last big update. I have an I5 with 25gb and discrete graphics. Are you guys getting it only at random times, or a second after you detach the screen?
    11-16-2015 11:44 AM
    Only at random times and only yesterday....
    11-16-2015 05:37 PM
    Haven't had a single instance since *** and firmware updates today ....was getting them routinely when detaching and reattaching
    11-18-2015 11:15 PM
    I get it rather regularly when detaching the tablet. I have all the latest updates and it still occurs.
    11-22-2015 03:03 AM
    I just experienced this I gave my feedback through the windows user voice app
    11-22-2015 10:54 AM
    Tech support had me factory reset and it still blue screened consistently after a detach. They've sent me a replacement since then.
    11-22-2015 11:07 PM
    I presume you do not have your replacement unit yet? Will you post your results after you get it?
    11-25-2015 02:53 AM
    I got the replacement and it works fine now -- No more BSOD with internal power error after a detach! I realized that my original unit, when holding down the screen detach button, was louder when it released. The "rrrrzzzz -- click" sound is much quieter on the new unit. Also, the screen would tilt back ever so slightly when released on the defective unit, where as the new unit barely moves when ready to be detached. I didn't realize the difference until I had the new unit.

I still experience battery drain when putting the computer to sleep, and in general, bugs when waking up from sleep or hibernate. I've resorted to making the power button and closing the lid just shut down the computer. I can't stand losing multi-touch and pen input support randomly. The screen being drawn wrong seems to be related to when the screen turns off and back on, independent of it was waking up from sleep/hibernate or a fully powered on system, as I still see it happening from time to time.
    11-25-2015 08:27 AM
    I got the recent update and I haven't experienced the internal_power_error in a few days now. Seems they fixed it.
    11-29-2015 03:35 AM
    I had been having this issue over the past few updates so I called tech support and it took about half an hour (would probably be less if you have a different person) and I'm not exactly sure what they did - couldn't really understand the guy - but it sounded something like they had to update my keyboard. They did all of this from wherever they were situated and I haven't had the problem since. It's worth a try to give them a call if you have some free time.
    01-23-2016 08:03 PM
    Kind of irritated. Getting random BSOD with Internal_Power_Error listed as the cause. Googled the issue, but didn't come across any apparent fixes for the Surface Book.

Has anyone here remedied this yet?
    I spent a ton of time attempting to fix this issue I think I found a solution. Hopefully this solves most of the problems for everyone.

Long story short I reverted to a previous version (Version of windows before 1511) and installed updates except the the 1511 upgrade. Anyone that does not have this option will need to perform a fresh install (DO NOT create a recovery image based on the current version on your surface book it will not work, and you will have the same issue). Run the updates to fix the firmware issue with the keyboard and track pad, but defer any "Windows 10 Pro 1511 Upgrades" as I believe this is the issue causing the BSOD's

This seems to be related for me anyway to a recent or maybe not recent I'm not sure but it seems to be directly related to the Windows 10 Pro 1511 update, I went through the RMA process to get a new laptop from Microsoft but upon receiving the new laptop and updating it I had the same problems. It is also important to note this only happens to me when I remove the screen and then attempt to power the device on resulting in internal_power_error. I ended up after updating and reinstalling every driver possible, reverting to a previous build that came with the laptop when they delivered it. This may not be an option for everyone as it may not be available so you may want to try a fresh install off of a USB and avoid running any updates that are called "Windows 10 pro upgrade 1511". After reverting to a previous build I ran the updates and for some odd reason the broken upgrade failed to install and left me with all of the updates except the 1511 upgrade.
    03-02-2016 05:23 AM
    I spent a ton of time attempting to fix this issue I think I found a solution. Hopefully this solves most of the problems for everyone.

Long story short I reverted to a previous version (Version of windows before 1511) and installed updates except the the 1511 upgrade. Anyone that does not have this option will need to perform a fresh install (DO NOT create a recovery image based on the current version on your surface book it will not work, and you will have the same issue). Run the updates to fix the firmware issue with the keyboard and track pad, but defer any "Windows 10 Pro 1511 Upgrades" as I believe this is the issue causing the BSOD's

This seems to be related for me anyway to a recent or maybe not recent I'm not sure but it seems to be directly related to the Windows 10 Pro 1511 update, I went through the RMA process to get a new laptop from Microsoft but upon receiving the new laptop and updating it I had the same problems. It is also important to note this only happens to me when I remove the screen and then attempt to power the device on resulting in internal_power_error. I ended up after updating and reinstalling every driver possible, reverting to a previous build that came with the laptop when they delivered it. This may not be an option for everyone as it may not be available so you may want to try a fresh install off of a USB and avoid running any updates that are called "Windows 10 pro upgrade 1511". After reverting to a previous build I ran the updates and for some odd reason the broken upgrade failed to install and left me with all of the updates except the 1511 upgrade.
    I would actually believe this.. sort of. I didn't have the internal power error BSODs prior to the 1511 update, and they got worse after the most recent firmware update on 2-17. It may be jointly caused by Windows, firmware, and drivers working together to provide probably the worst laptop experience I've ever had since Windows 98 SE. I just got an internal power error last night just shifting the SB (screen attached to base) in my lap. *sigh* So glad I was only reading news feeds at the time ...
    03-02-2016 12:53 PM