Anyone have any idea when the next batch ships?

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Surface Book (i7/512/dGPU) not long after the initial stock ran out. Shipping time at the time I think was quoted as 6-7 weeks. Since then, the main MS Store website has been updated with a shipping date of Dec 5. Has anyone received one after the initial batch or am I likely stuck in that Dec 5th batch now?

Normally I wouldn't care too much, but I just got an offer from eBay to sell anything with a final value fee capped at $5, so I need to sell my SP3 ASAP! May end up being without a home computer for a few weeks but its worth the otherwise sky high ebay fees.

worwig

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I just received an email stating that mine shipped.
Which sucks, since I have since then gotten one at Best Buy, and canceled the online order from MS. So I suppose they didn't cancel it.

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I know that some retail stores are getting their new batches already. So hopefully all of the backordered preorders will get fulfilled.

ctk4949

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My sisters Oct 15th order, finally got a UPS label created for it. Hasnt actually shipped. ;)

Being shipped by UPS ground!! :(

i7/16/512

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
My email says Dec 18th. Check the bottom of your email from Microsoft store and it should say.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Not too long after I posted this I actually got a call from Amex because of a potential fradulent charge from the Microsoft Store :) I'd actually rather they err on the side of caution like that but getting it straightened out by calling Microsoft's support in India just to get them to reprocess the charge was like pulling teeth... Hopefully that means mine ships soon and my order doesn't just get cancelled...

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Wow I purchased mine at Best Buy and I got in 2 days (had to pay $37). It bricked with the firmware update and i'm sending back today and they said 5 to 8 business days once i ship.

i5/256/8gb ram/DGP

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable. The model I ordered is in stock right now on the MS Store website, but I'm being told that I still have to wait until Dec 3-10 before my order I placed on 10/22 ships.

"I kindly ask that you wait the 6-7 weeks that you were told in the email to see if the item arrives"

When I asked why new orders are being processed before mine that I placed a month ago...

"We can not change the shipment date of your order. Because you ordered when there was no stock, you are required to wait the full time. The ones available on the website currently are from a different allotment than you ordered from."

I spent north of $2600 and this has to be the absolute s*ttiest customer service experience.

Thanks to the people that mentioned Best Buy has it in stock. I'm just going to go buy it there instead. I still want the Surface Book but at least this way they're getting a little less of my business.

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Yep bought mine at best buy 2 days ago. I lost my veterans discount with MS, but I needed a laptop now. So I ha e to call MS and cancel the order. Can't believe a company such as Microsoft has bombed this bad on all aspects of the roll out of the surface book. They have got to have the absolute worst customer service that I have seen in a long time if ever. If you placed an order when they were out of stock, logic dictates that you get moved to the head of the line as the items come in. Not get bumped back and new orders put ahead of yours!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My sisters Oct 15th order, finally got a UPS label created for it. Hasnt actually shipped. ;)

Being shipped by UPS ground!! :(

i7/16/512
ordered the same model Oct 16, but no notice yet. on MS store, that model is currently in stock.

Also ordered a 1TB version on Oct 17, at the time it said 7-8 weeks. now online store is Jan 22.

DrunkasaurusRex

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Unbelievable. The model I ordered is in stock right now on the MS Store website, but I'm being told that I still have to wait until Dec 3-10 before my order I placed on 10/22 ships.

"I kindly ask that you wait the 6-7 weeks that you were told in the email to see if the item arrives"

When I asked why new orders are being processed before mine that I placed a month ago...

"We can not change the shipment date of your order. Because you ordered when there was no stock, you are required to wait the full time. The ones available on the website currently are from a different allotment than you ordered from."

I spent north of $2600 and this has to be the absolute s*ttiest customer service experience.

Thanks to the people that mentioned Best Buy has it in stock. I'm just going to go buy it there instead. I still want the Surface Book but at least this way they're getting a little less of my business.
I would agree. Preordering my Surface Book has been a consumer nightmare like nothing else I've ever experienced. I'm convinced it's a magical device that I have seen on websites but apparently I'm not worthy enough to have it ever arrive at my doorstep. I'm still not even sure it exists. Maybe one day I'll receive my Surface Book... (**** literally everyone I am so mad)....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3