As the title states, I just got a new Surface Book and when I turned it on for the first time, it booted right to the lock screen. I unlock it and it asks for an email address and password for "Other Account." It's like it's been set up with an account already. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, were you able to resolve it?
    11-20-2015 12:37 AM
    It happened to me, I just did an entirely factory reset I don't know if there's any other way :/
    11-20-2015 12:53 AM
    I had the same thing. I just hit restart and it took me to the setup menu

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-20-2015 01:05 AM
    Okay I hit install and it took me through the set up. Thanks for the help guys!
    11-20-2015 01:40 AM
    Glad you found a resolution, I had the same issue, I just did a restart myself hitting F9 and it took me through the set up process
    11-20-2015 05:26 AM
    It happened to me and i called talked to MS on the Windows Store site under support and the chat window. They had me go do a restart and then it came up and first asked what internet to login to and the PW. Once that was done it asked for my MS user account and then it setup Windows for the first time. I did the restart from the
    11-20-2015 09:16 AM
    I had that same issue as well, also did a full factory reset.
    11-20-2015 12:02 PM
    Had same issue with my first Book. Something to do with wrong shut down at the factory once they installed Windows. I freaked out at first thinking I got a prototype or something.
    11-20-2015 02:46 PM
    The same thing happened with mine and my wife's. I did some searching online and came across a thread at the Microsoft answer forums where people were being told that SBs were being pulled from the assembly lines and fired up. I ended up going to MS support myself, and I was told the same thing. The support person checked our serial numbers assured me that our SBs were brand new.
    11-20-2015 05:58 PM
    The same thing happened with mine and my wife's. I did some searching online and came across a thread at the Microsoft answer forums where people were being told that SBs were being pulled from the assembly lines and fired up. I ended up going to MS support myself, and I was told the same thing. The support person checked our serial numbers assured me that our SBs were brand new.

indeed they are brand new when they were going through Quality Check the individuals who were assigned to this duty tried to get the lots out asap.
    11-21-2015 12:12 AM