Slow Performance on basic tasks

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a Surface Book i7 256GB dgpu model that sucks. I mean it literally sucks the battery life out of my machine. I get about 5 hours total just basic web browsing and word processing. I too am suffering from connected standby battery drain. Basic tasks like creating new folder, creating new file is very slow. Just check out this vid.

Anyone else experiencing creating new folder lag?

Last edited:

Priaptor

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Clearly something wrong there. In your first instance it created the new folder immediately. Have you tried resetting your computer back to factory settings and starting over?

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Clearly something wrong there. In your first instance it created the new folder immediately. Have you tried resetting your computer back to factory settings and starting over?

It work the first time because I just created a new folder without closing explorer But as soon as I close explorer and try it again it will do it 100% of the time. I did reset it but the issue eventually came back. I have an appointment tomorrow to have it checked out. So far I'm not happy with this $2100 purchase. My two year old $300 laptop that I threw a 256 SSD in actually scores higher write speeds using Crystal Mark and AS benchmarks.

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
i5/dGPU model here. Looks like you got a defective unit, as I've had no issues like yours. I'd return or exchange it.

I just found the issue is only while connected to my works wi-fi. The wifi is a public type where you get redirected to a web page to enter username/password. Can someone try with a similar type of connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky