Why am I unable to turn on Windows Hello?

Juhbrony

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Unable to turn on windows hello.

I am really liking my surface book so far but I have run into the issue that I can't seem to turn on windows hello and I would really like to be able to.

Windows update says I am fully up to date and when I go to Settings->accounts->sign in options the option to turn on windows hello is not available.

I think what may be causing it is that I tired to access my company exchange email service and clicked allow when prompted to increase security on my system, this might be what is disabling the availability of the windows hello option, however I have since removed my company email but I still do not know how to revert the security changes windows made to my system.

EnemiesInTheEnd

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unable to turn on windows hello.

I had this problem before I updated Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro. Have you tried checking for updates manually?

seneleron

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue. In my case, I hadn't verified my microsoft account. There should be an option in settings/accounts to verify your MS account. In my case it texted me a code, I input it, and after verifying the option for Windows Hello showed up.

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Had same issue, was due to it not being up to date out of the box. There are one or two firmware updates and one of them enable it.

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue when I chose the option I own my device and then joined a domain with it and logged in with my domain account. Had to factory reset since I logged in originally with a MS account and then switched to a domain account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte