Lots of things are working better with my Surface Book experience. Not everything is just perfect yet but for the most part the product is moving in the right direction. My current setup includes a Dell P2415Q (4k) and a HP zr24w (1920x1200) monitor connected to the dock. This setup has been working reasonably well with the exception of the Dell not waking up.

Out of sheer boredom I tried to see if I could get 2x4k montors to work at the same time. I removed the old HP and replaced it with a brand new 4k HP Z24s. By itself the monitor works with no issue. When issued in conjunction with the 4k Dell, the Dell starts to detected and then dropped about every 15 seconds. The HP has a status display that shows the DP line going active/inactive at the same speed. I tried a few different settings with no success and gave up. I think it is safe to say that dual 4k monitors (even at 30hz) do not work yet.

If anyone has a different experience, I am all ears.
    03-04-2016 03:39 PM
    I have had the same result (Surface Book)... 2 x 4k monitors simply do not work. I have even had trouble with one 4k and one 2k working consistently.
    I now have a Toshiba Dynadock (2k) & the Microsoft dock (4k) and that works fairly well except when surface makes and then I can get flaky inconsistent results on the Microsoft dock monitor.

Still hoping for better roadmap from Microsoft if we will get a better experience in the future but at this stage I think I will simply have to run 2 docks to get 2 monitors. I am about to order a USB 3 4k dock and see how that works.
    03-13-2016 03:31 AM
    What if you plug one 4k monitor into the dock and the other 4k monitor into your mini display port on Surface Book? I know it defeats the purpose of the easy dock but you could at least use both of the monitors right now.
    03-13-2016 11:28 AM
    The dock connector when plugged into the Surface Book blocks the mDP connector. Someone went as far to shave the mDP connector down but had no success. The dock is said to turn off the Surface Book mDP connection.
    03-14-2016 10:56 PM
    The dock connector when plugged into the Surface Book blocks the mDP connector. Someone went as far to shave the mDP connector down but had no success. The dock is said to turn off the Surface Book mDP connection.
    That was me [1]. It still boggles me that Microsoft pitched this device as dual-4K capable. I continue to use my Surface Book routinely, but not as a mostly-docked only-sometimes-mobile workstation.

[1] Microsoft concedes Surface Book incapable of dual 60Hz 4K / Tiamat
    03-15-2016 11:16 PM