The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Wow. I just finished thoroughly explaining a fix that was provided through Microsoft and posted a link to the fix only to have this forum deny my post because of the inclusion of a hyperlink. How am I even suppose to help anyone out here lol?
    Last edited by Jae Melo; 03-11-2016 at 04:22 AM.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    03-11-2016 01:31 AM
    Put some spaces in the link and then u will be able to post the link. Those who need to use the link can remove the spaces
    Most forum won't allow u to post a link unless u have a minimum number of posts.
    03-11-2016 07:16 AM
    Please repost as this will be of great help if it works
    03-11-2016 11:41 AM
    probably he is referring to this. I got the error too, but to do the image and fix may be too much work for me. Just dl the Tech Bench takes forever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/com...vey_a_fix_for/
    03-11-2016 11:20 PM
    i did that. it doesn't help with hello. but it kinda words for the battery and that is it.
    03-12-2016 01:45 AM
    For those who can tolerate the issue it will be included in the next update.
    03-13-2016 03:39 AM
    probably he is referring to this. I got the error too, but to do the image and fix may be too much work for me. Just dl the Tech Bench takes forever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/com...vey_a_fix_for/
    Good info, I think.

I was able to fix my error when I run "sfc /scannow". No idea if it will fix any problems I am having. The only thing I have wrong is that after hours asleep, it does a full shutdown. Not a big issue, but I would like to have it fixed.
    03-13-2016 10:05 PM
    Good info, I think.

I was able to fix my error when I run "sfc /scannow". No idea if it will fix any problems I am having. The only thing I have wrong is that after hours asleep, it does a full shutdown. Not a big issue, but I would like to have it fixed.
    I have run the above instructions, too -- result, perhaps greater stability overall and a few drivers are better behaved thus far. I do, however still have the same issue as you -- shutdown while sleeping (I have gone to always have the system hibernate because of this). Due to using hibernation, I also have encountered a reproducible issue where the Windows Hello camera will consistently fail to turn on when resuming from hibernation IF the machine has been charged while hibernating. It does it every. single. time. So basically, no Windows Hello for me unless I want to reboot every morning. I suppose I could just do a full shutdown... *sigh*
    03-14-2016 11:58 AM
    This is interesting as I have the exact opposite experience. I have specifically set everything to hibernate to avoid the windows 'Hello' issue and I never have it. I close the book then put on charge all the time - no problems with 'Hello'. However, after the recent firmware update, I did try going back to sleep. This is what causes my windows 'Hello' issues.

Interesting that we have opposite problems.

FYI...
    03-14-2016 02:33 PM
    This is interesting as I have the exact opposite experience. I have specifically set everything to hibernate to avoid the windows 'Hello' issue and I never have it. I close the book then put on charge all the time - no problems with 'Hello'. However, after the recent firmware update, I did try going back to sleep. This is what causes my windows 'Hello' issues.

FYI...
    Very interesting indeed! There is at least a few others over on MS's forums with the same issue as I have, so I don't know what's different for us -- hibernating breaks Hello (for some, it's all the time, but for me and some others, its just when changing power sources like AC to battery). Out of curiosity, what model is your SB? With or without the dGPU? Mine is an i5/8GB/dGPU. Before the 2/17 update, Hello worked flawlessly... since the 2/17 update, though -- if I let the SB sleep, I'll get either a BSOD on wake (sometimes), or it'll shut down while asleep (sometimes), but if I use hibernation, its fine all around except the Hello camera issue.
    03-14-2016 05:48 PM
    I tried the fix in the Reddit article, but it didn't work, windows hello still doesn't work, and the keyboard is starting to freeze up now too. Won't even let me type in my pin number i have to use the touch screen to type in the pin.

The sleep drain is still bad. when i put my comptuer into sleep mode sometimes I still hear my email notification loud and clear like it's on but with the screen off. IT's so confusing. my surface book has been quit a headache!
    03-14-2016 07:44 PM

FYI...
    my surface book has updated the 17/2 firmware but it never has hello problem. I never let it sleep. screen will never go off when the lid is open. screen will go off when the lid is closed. the system will never go off no matter the lid is open or closed. each time I open the lid the hello works fine. I don't care the battery drain. my surface book can last 10 hours for my normal daily usage. it is more than enough to me. I don't need to save the battery.
    03-15-2016 04:59 AM
    zerospace:

I have the same config as you - i5/8GB/dGPU. Latest everything as far as updates. I would like sleep to work but my experience is short time sleeps work but longer may hang up at Hello. If I charge while it sleeps it messes up Hello 3 out of 4 times.

Per some of the other people on the boards, I have completely turned off sleep and changed all actions to hibernate. I never have a Hello problem. In truth, my behavior is always closing the lid (I never cause a hibernate from the GUI or the power button or a timeout)...

FYI
    03-15-2016 08:09 AM
    Per some of the other people on the boards, I have completely turned off sleep and changed all actions to hibernate. I never have a Hello problem. In truth, my behavior is always closing the lid (I never cause a hibernate from the GUI or the power button or a timeout)...

FYI
    This is what I have done as well -- no sleep, ever. Just hibernate for the past couple of weeks (every action is changed to hibernate in my power plan). Hello fails every time once I've plugged the machine in to charge while in hibernation. I'm considering a factory reset or a total restore from a recovery image on USB just to see what happens (and if it fixes anything). I've also been thinking about deleting the Hello drivers and re-installing.
    03-15-2016 09:04 AM