Surface Book bugs...

cgcarter1

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
There seems to be some very distinct bugs on the Surface Book.
Of course it is Windows to x64.
I have noticed some bugs while using the Surface Book over the past week. While researching these problems there seems to be a lot of bugs out there and I thought a forum to list bugs...

I personally have noticed that the camera login stays in the "Turning on the camera" mode. It worked fine for the first couple days but since then it seems to lock up. I can log in with my Microsoft Account but the funny thing about it is it will change the display brightness based on light, so the camera seems to work on some level. I saw in a forum that if you restart the Suface DTX service it will get the sign-in working again. I have noticed this will work until you reboot the machine.

Another problem I have noticed is that when you undock the surface from the keyboard it will not rotate the screen. The screen is not locked in orientation. I haven't seen anything else on the forums specific to the surface book...

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The screen strays on very low brightness sometimes for me. Going into settings and just tapping the bar to **** it results it to the correct level.

I'm also experiencing the screen being stuck on "turning on camera". I see the same thing on my 950 which leads me to believe it's an OS issue which I guess is a good thing because it could potentially be fixed though an update.

cgcarter1

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. I just turned off the auto adjustment in the display settings...

New today is the fact that the software (icon down by the clock) constantly reads that the surface is detached. Even though right now it is attached to the keyboard. If I used the keyboard detach button it works as expected and detaches from the keyboard.

Seems like Microsoft needs to go through another round of QA before this release. Some serious bugs going on. Hopefully they are on the ball.

cgcarter1

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Well OK. So just as a stupid chance, I ran the Hardware troubleshooter in settings... Found a couple problems and made some fixes... It then forced a reboot.
Since then all the problems I had are now fixed. It fixed the IR Camera recognition problem, the sensor that detects if the surface is connected to the keyboard and the rotation sensor.
If it starts failing again, I will update.

Chris Freon

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Well OK. So just as a stupid chance, I ran the Hardware troubleshooter in settings... Found a couple problems and made some fixes... It then forced a reboot.
Since then all the problems I had are now fixed. It fixed the IR Camera recognition problem, the sensor that detects if the surface is connected to the keyboard and the rotation sensor.
If it starts failing again, I will update.

This fixed most of my main issues. Screen flicker, not waking up from sleep. Screen not turning on. Batter is better now. Detaching and Attaching actually works now.. Thanks!

Ran the hardware trouble shooter, found some problems, said it fixed them and rebooted. Soooo much better for me now.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Camera won't turn on for me few times. Reboot would fix it. Sometimes it won't detect keyboard/trackpad. I have to disconnect the screen, then reconnect.

cgcarter1

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
So after running the generic windows "Device Troubleshooter" it fixed the problem.... for a couple weeks. Then it went back to having the same problems like the ir recognition camera and the dock/undock detector won't work. Ran the device troubleshooter and it fixed it again...
For how long?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So after running the generic windows "Device Troubleshooter" it fixed the problem.... for a couple weeks. Then it went back to having the same problems like the ir recognition camera and the dock/undock detector won't work. Ran the device troubleshooter and it fixed it again...
For how long?

till the next FW/SW update. hopefully soon.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For how long?

This is a well known bug at this point (well known as in its been posted and discussed all over MS's own support forums, too). As JaimitoFrog said, hopefully it will be fixed soon via an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa