Surface Book 1TB availability in the UK?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Surface Book 1TB availability in the UK

Hi all. A 1TB configuration of the Surface Book is available in the US, but there's no sign of it in the UK. I've 'chatted' with MS sales support in the UK and they are aware of a demand, but can't comment on a release date.

So, does anyone with 'inside knowledge' know of a possible release date of the 1TB Surface Book in the UK or indeed if it's ever coming - as I don't want to hold my breath forever and I've been mislead by 'chats' with online reps before...

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The 1TB US model was only released in January of this year (months after the initial release of the other models). I would just say give it time -- clearly it wasn't ready when the rest of the US models launched, so it isn't really surprising to see it isn't yet available internationally.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Surface Book 1TB availability in the UK

Thanks! May have to look at the Dell XPS if the wait is too long...

It's a shame they won't give a release date, but then again with the overall supply problems they are having, it isn't surprising. Honestly, as a current Surface Book owner, I can't exactly recommend the machine wholeheartedly. My experience started off good and has just gone downhill (bugs, problems, etc). If you're on the fence between it and the XPS and you don't need the detachable clipboard and/or the dedicated GPU, just go and get the XPS. Surface Book still has a lot of bugs to be worked out -- it's definitely a beta/prototype product.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

It's a shame they won't give a release date, but then again with the overall supply problems they are having, it isn't surprising. Honestly, as a current Surface Book owner, I can't exactly recommend the machine wholeheartedly. My experience started off good and has just gone downhill (bugs, problems, etc). If you're on the fence between it and the XPS and you don't need the detachable clipboard and/or the dedicated GPU, just go and get the XPS. Surface Book still has a lot of bugs to be worked out -- it's definitely a beta/prototype product.

Thanks this is EXACTELY the type of feedback that I need. The PC is for my wife's business and I really don't want her to be a guinea-pig for a Version 1 device, even though we both think the Surface Book is pretty cool. The XPS 15, I think, will do the job. Thanks again for your input!

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks this is EXACTELY the type of feedback that I need. The PC is for my wife's business and I really don't want her to be a guinea-pig for a Version 1 device, even though we both think the Surface Book is pretty cool. The XPS 15, I think, will do the job. Thanks again for your input!

You're welcome. Surface Book is very cool, but it is so buggy even 5 months after launch (there are those who say otherwise, of course, but everyone's use case is different). If you want something that will definitely be reliable for a work machine, I would stay away from the Surface Book. You could always give it a shot, but I would offer one piece of advice: if you get one and have problems with it, do not wait past your return window for Microsoft to fix them unless you're OK with living with them forever. I did this, foolishly expecting MS to resolve most major issues by now, and it's really only gotten worse for me (yes, they have fixed some things, but made others worse or created new problems altogether). FWIW, I would return my Surface Book right now if I could, but I can't.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the UK, and using the base model SB for my own business. I haven't had any weird freeze ups, blue screens or anything like that. The only issue I get is occasional graphic distortion which usually clears itself almost immediately. Small, but it's there. My version doesn't have the dGPU though.

Oh, and the other thing which is not a problem as such. If you take it anywhere public people will want to talk about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett