Help -- Are these problems unique to my SB?

mcf517

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If you have any of these issues, would you mind just saying which number. I'm really hoping that these are still issues that an update can fix. I'm concerned with 1, because I haven't heard anyone else complain about that recently, and it's a really annoying bug. I teach, and I've needed my computer on a few occasions and it's ridiculous that it won't even boot properly.

I've got Windows insider build 14295.rs1_release.160318-1628 and the 2/17/2016 hardware update with the following issues:

1) After shutting down, it sometimes doesn't boot up properly. The surface logo appears, with the circling dots, but then there is only a black screen.
2) If the SB is powered off, and I detach the clipboard and power it on, I'll get a BSOD (internal power issue) and need to reboot.
3) The taskbar sometimes hangs and becomes unresponsive, as well as edge gestures.After a few seconds of randomly pressing commands, it comes back.
4) The action center hangs, and all options and toggles are grayed out and unresponsive. Seems related to #3.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I have seen number 2 before when I detach the clipboard when the machine is powered off. I haven't seen it though in couple of weeks. It also reboots itself and has a counter to 100 then reboots.

mcf517

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Just realized #1, and possibly 3 and 4 are my own doing. I forgot that I applied a registry tweak that adds alternative 3:2 resolutions. They are awesome by the way! However, when using them, they cause the problem(s) I'm having. A work around I've discovered is pressing the detach button when the screen goes blank, and the screen goes back on.

I'm really not sure why MS didn't get any 3:2 resolutions working besides 3000:2000. No other resolution makes sense for this screen, and drawboard PDF works so much better at a lower res. Thank

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett