I'm a new Surface Book owner and I was considering the Surface Dock but I am seeing mostly bad reviews. I plan on using it with a single monitor and a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard/Mouse (single dongle). Should I stay away from this or have the bad reviews been greatly exaggerated?
    04-08-2016 02:49 PM
    I read a lot of the negative reviews too. But after seeing lots of reports that updates seemed to fix most of the issues, I picked one up and am using it with 2 monitors at work. It's got it's quirks (mostly in the Win10 software) but lots of issues have been fixed. I do like how easy it is to dock (connect magnetic adapter and done). The one thing you HAVE to do is be sure to run Windows Update a couple of times to pick up all of the fixes once it's connected (there were quite a few). Personally, I like it because I'm running 2 monitors and it works great so far (knock on wood). :)
    04-08-2016 09:37 PM
    I have a Surface Book and a Surface 4 Pro along with two docks each with two monitors. I am still having tons off issues with the docks not reliably turning the monitors on and off.
    04-11-2016 11:04 AM
    Works for me so far with one or two monitors that have display ports. I could use it with one old Dell monitor using a standard miniDP - DVI adapter but the minute I added a second monitor (which has a display port) nether of them worked.
    04-13-2016 09:48 AM
    Has been working for me for months. I have two 30" monitors connected to it along with a wireless mouse. The monitors are connected mini display port to display port. I use a wired keyboard. I have had zero issues with it. My Surface book is used as a desktop replacement so it gets docked and undocked on a daily basis. I use a program called icon restorer so the icons stay where I put them. If not the change in resolution will cause the icons to get moved back to the default location when going from dock to undocked and vice versa.
    04-13-2016 11:18 AM