Now that I have had mine a few months, I am using it more and more.

We have a closed system at work, but I use onenote with an Access database that I created to track what I do at work and it also tracks my actions. When my supervisor asks what I have been doing, I can just pull that up and email the report to myself.

I also use the SB to keep up with my training and for my class work for my masters degree.

At home (single dad), I use it to track recipes that my kids like and what recipes I would like to try.

I really like the tent mode for writing on the SB and in the kitchen the tent mode works great for recipes etc. I even had a coworker comment on how much they liked the tent position I had it in on my desk.

How do you all use it daily and how have you integrated it with you home/work life?

I am still working on integrating it more as I know it is there, but it is difficult sometimes to make myself use it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    04-12-2016 07:11 PM
    I teach highschool math, so being able to write on handouts/worksheets and assessments is great. Textbooks and resources are mostly digital now, so keeping my written solutions is fantastic. I was using one note, but didn't like the layout, so I went to drawboard, which has been much improved, though it still has some problems. I do multi monitor with the dock, so I can write on the sb when it's reversed while still using the extended display as a traditional screen with keyboard and mouse. I also got a wireless display adapter for the classroom projector, so I can teach a lesson and have students do work on the SB from anywhere in the room. Taking pictures instantly to share student work is also great.

Microsoft really has some good ideas here with the pen and clipboard, but the high cost and lack of polish is a huge negative. So many teachers/educators would love this device, but with those two issues, they'll continue to trail google and apple in the education section moving forward.
    04-15-2016 02:11 PM
    My son is getting ready to do a virtual school for his 7th grade year and maybe longer. I am planning on getting him a Surface Pro 4. I like that MS is developing a Education Edition Minecraft and would like to see it on the surface and hopefully I can integrate it with his virtual school next year.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    mcf517 likes this.
    04-15-2016 03:42 PM
    My surface book has made my workflow the best it's ever been. I use it for music production and it runs my programs very well in spite of it being dual core. I use my desktop less and find myself sitting at my desk less because most task I have can be handled by my SB. I use Cubase Pro 8.5 which implements VST3. This format together with the SB has my musical projects running so well it's astonishing technology has come that far. My old [terrible] HP laptop would catch fire today trying to even think about handling projects the way my SB does. I also use office a lot (via office 365) and being able to use the pen and write my ideas and sync it all through One Drive on the go is amazing. I come up with ideas and write them on my phone and as soon as I get to my surface book I'm making spread sheets with those same ideas or writing documents and it's so much less cumbersome than it was on my desktop by a long shot. I still use my desktop but a lot less thanks to the SB.
    04-28-2016 11:22 AM
    I'm in IT so I don't use it for work except if I have to login fron home using VPN. Plus we are are on Windows 7. Now we do have some Surface Pro 3 and Pro 4's that people are using as their everyday PC. When I use mine I use our approve VPN client Juno Pulse. I run that and connnect to my PC at work using the remote desktop app built into Windows 10. Now because of the 3000 X 2000 resolution the text is small so most of the time i use my 1920 x 1080 Alienware laptop but i've had to connected when I only had my Surface Book and it works fine.
    04-28-2016 03:37 PM
    IT product manager here and the surface book really (and I emphasize really) speed up how I used to work. Sometime it works as an powerful ultrabook (with sleek design that can grab attentions in meetings). In other time, just a press and I can use the clipboard mode, lean back and check things. Then I get the stylus, note down interested things or issues to send to my coworkers. Versatile versatile and versatile.

Can I call myself an enthusiast photo"grabber"? On the go, the surface book with d/GPU and stylus support give a boost to how I can edit the photo anytime and anywhere.

I'm also learning digital drawing... So yeah, you can figure out the usage of surface book in this case. However, drawing with N-trig with jitter lines cannot compare with wacom... Need time to get used to it.
    04-29-2016 02:35 AM