For me, the last update broke Sleep again

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
has anyone else noticed that the SB isn't sleeping properly again? Since the last update, every single time I pull it from my bag it's warm. My SB stayed in my bag until about 10:30 this morning, it was in my bag for 3.5 hours and lost almost 40% of the battery, it's been doing it every day.

Anyone else notice this?

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
yeah mine was sleeping just fine until that update. now on random nights it will turn on from shutdown the next morning instead of sleep like how I left it when I closed the lid the previous evening.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
yeah mine was sleeping just fine until that update. now on random nights it will turn on from shutdown the next morning instead of sleep like how I left it when I closed the lid the previous evening.

Are you referring to the sleep crashes where the system shuts down while it is sleeping? If so, this issue has been ongoing for MANY since the 2/17 firmware update. It is NOT resolved by the 4/19 updates, either. Myself and some others on MS's forums have already experienced it.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I just did the 4/19 so I don't know about that.
But in the last week there were the new Intel drivers that showed up and since then is what I'm talking about.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I just did the 4/19 so I don't know about that.
But in the last week there were the new Intel drivers that showed up and since then is what I'm talking about.

Interesting that you didn't see it until then. I never got those Intel drivers on my SB, and I've had the sleep crash problem since the 2/17 firmware updates.

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's hardware output is truly becoming a joke, if Apple were to come out with a pen and touch supported device that also had OSX, I would leave MS and Windows and never look back, and that's unfortunate since I have been such a huge fan for so damn long. Nadella has GOT to make changes at the top, these people obviously do not use the products they sell...

Stocklone

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I didn't shut down my SB while leaving work post 4/19 update. Instead I just closed the lid. I thought well it's April, I'm probably being overly cautious. Everything should work properly by now. Pulled it out of my bag that night. It was so hot the screen had become discolored. Luckily putting it in the fridge restored it back to the original color.

This is getting ridiculous. Maybe by the one year anniversary of the SB it will work right but that's probably being too optimistic. MS better have one hell of a trade in program for the Surface Book 2 aka the Surface Book that actually works right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786