Why is my volume down control stuck on my Surface Book?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

volume down control stuck on surface book

Every 20 mins or so the volume down button on surface book appears. It appears windows is stuck trying to turn down the volume continuously. I can hold down the up the volume button but it just jumps up one point and then gets dragged back down. As a result the volume change display, top right of the screen, is always showing. The surface book is 1 week old...already my second as the first one only lasted a week. I had to return it after it blue screened at least once an hour.

XboxRacer159

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: volume down control stuck on surface book

Sad to say, but this can be common with 1st-gen products. Being an early adopter ain't easy, and having new software (win 10) converging on new hardware (surfacebook), converging on a new CPU architecture (skylake) is like being the early adopter of early adopters.

cwb3106

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: volume down control stuck on surface book

FWIW, I had the same problem ... but only in certain orientations. Turned out the edge of the screen containing the volume buttons was making contact with my laptop stand. Probably not the cause of your problem ... but in case someone else overlooked the obvious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs