Forza 6: Apex on SB with GPU

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I got a video card incompatibility error. Anyone managed to get it working?

I manually selected the nVidia GPU. and auto setting. neither worked

Markus9876

May 6, 2016
Visit site
It is below minimum specs and I expect to see some errors because we only habe 1GB GPU RAM. But it at least starts and looks good so far.
Need this two tweaks:
1. Force Game to use Nvidia in Nvidia Control Panel. Heer you can Add the Game and set it to always use Nvidiua GPU
2. Still Forza will tell you it will not run and only offers to quit or give you more details.
-> Press Page Up while you click on Quit to override ans start

Jaysurf88

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
It is below minimum specs and I expect to see some errors because we only habe 1GB GPU RAM. But it at least starts and looks good so far.
Need this two tweaks:
1. Force Game to use Nvidia in Nvidia Control Panel. Heer you can Add the Game and set it to always use Nvidiua GPU
2. Still Forza will tell you it will not run and only offers to quit or give you more details.
-> Press Page Up while you click on Quit to override ans start

when you say it starts and looks good what exactly have you managed to get working so far? I was about to download the game until I saw this thread.

cheers,

Jay

Lukewarmchili

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Markus9876,
I don't see Forza in the list in the Nvidia control panel. I have not found it yet to add it either. Where did you find the app to add to the list?

Jaysurf88

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
ill reply to my own question and yours lukewarmchili as I investigated on my own.

in short, I wouldn't bother game runs on lowest settings and at shockingly low framerates I wouldn't waste your time, but just incase you want to check it out for yourself....

to add the program to the list in NVidia control panel you need to add the .exe file for the game to the list. the game is located in the windows apps folder which is security protected you will have to grant security access, when you try to access the folder you will see what I mean, google how to do it takes a couple of mins.

once you've added the .exe file to the list,
run game,
when the game says your computers graphics aren't compatable and offers quit option, hold down page up key and click quit.

game will run.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
so either today's driver update or an update to Forza; it now runs on my SB!

its not fantastic, and its a PITA with a keyboard, but its playable!

hesus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't want to start another thread on this issue, but I managed to select Nvidia GPU to run Forza, but it doesn't show it's running it (in GPU activity icon in notification area). Also, game crashes after loading screen. I was monitoring Task manager at that point and the problem is that RAM reaches full capacity. This game needs more than 8 GB to run? Also, GPU is 820m 2 GB, CPU i5-4210U.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa