Surface dGPU and RAM .. anything weird?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I just got a Surface Book i5 / 8GB / 256GB / dGPU the other day and I think it's pretty awesome. I downloaded Fozra 6 Apex BETA from the store and started it up and it runs more than acceptably. However, there is a Low Video RAM warning. Should I worry about this? I gamed for 15 minutes with no issues at all, but was just curious. Anyone know?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I just got a Surface Book i5 / 8GB / 256GB / dGPU the other day and I think it's pretty awesome. I downloaded Fozra 6 Apex BETA from the store and started it up and it runs more than acceptably. However, there is a Low Video RAM warning. Should I worry about this? I gamed for 15 minutes with no issues at all, but was just curious. Anyone know?

the warning came from the game or the system?
The next time it happens, can you check task manager - RAM usage? And perhaps share a screenshot?

rdockrey

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
You also need to go into the control panel, choose the Invidia icon, and then make sure that it is set to default to the display card. The way the system works there are two display cards in it. One to run the tablet when it is undocked and then the dGPU. It will default to the lesser of the cards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit