Touchscreen not working on flat surfaces

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on my 3rd SB. The first one was fine, but I had gone with the entry-level version and ended up returning it for the 512gb i7. The 2nd one hat the yellow screen-burn issue. The third one appeared to be fine at first, but I've discovered a minor and a major issue with it:

- dust under the screen (I've found about 5 particles so far). Not a big deal, I can barely see them when using the device, only discovered them when I applied the screen protector.

and the bigger problem:

- whenever the tablet lies flat on any surface, the touchscreen stops working properly. Sometimes it doesn't respond at all, sometimes only when I apply much more pressure than I usually have to. The weird thing is that when I hold the tablet flat in my hand, the problem doesn't appear. It only manifests itself when the tablet lying on a table, for example. As we're using it in the kitchen for recipes etc., this is something that's bothering me.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'd hate to have to return it again, as the shop where I bought it is over an hour away from where I live. If all SBs do that, I won't bother returning it.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Please also answer if your SB doesn't have the problem (just detach the screen and set it down on a table to check). I only need to know if I have to get it exchanged again or whether this is a general issue.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Never mind - turns out it was the screen protector I had installed. No idea why it doesn't work on a flat surface with it on, but apparently it doesn't. I'm still going to return it because of the dust under the screen - with these quality issues I'm going with a 13" Macbook Pro and an iPad instead :-( Wouldn't say anything if this were a 1200$ laptop, but at 2700$ I want perfection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077