Surface Book GPU not allowing updates, screen flickers 2 times. Any help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Surface Book GPU not allowing updates, screen flickers 2 times

Hi just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem yet.
Anytime i try to update the geforce GPU it tends to try to install, reach a point, flicker then twice (In device manager I can see the geforce card vanish, then become another display, and it'll tend to jump back and forth)

Mainly only happens when I try to update the driver because it won't let me, or if I have a usb 3 screen plugged in which is more annoying.

Any help would be appreciated,

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Your question is confusing -- how often are you updating the GPU driver? Is this through Nvidia's GeForce Experience? If it is, technically, while Nvidia is allowing GeForce Experience to be installed on the Surface Book, those drivers aren't the ones tailored/approved for the GPU in the Surface Book. Only the driver updates that come through Windows Update were specifically meant for the Surface Book's GPU, so anything beyond that could conceivably cause problems.

Some other questions that immediately come to mind: is your Nvidia GPU working at all? Can you run software on it specifically (like you should be able to?)? How long have you had this problem, and when did it start (as in, did it start after a particular update or has it always done this)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa