Several Driver Updates just hit my Surface Book

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just installed these, myself (minus the insider update). Between this week's patches and the firmware update, I'll be waiting to see if I need to run another SFC & DISM to keep things stable.

PowdaSuga

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Anyone seeing any touchpad related concerns with this update? Three finger swipe up and down is a lot less responsive for me now. Only registers about 75% of the time. Thanks!

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
which button is the "surface button"?...
I'm curious about that, too considering neither the SB or the SP4 have a hardware windows button, but the description for that particular driver update relates to the device usability in tablet mode:

"Microsoft driver update for Surface Button. Surface Button 1.1.662.0 improves device usability while the device is in tablet mode." -- per the documentation

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Just guessing, but:

Microsoft calls the tiles at the bottom of the Action Center "buttons" in their documentation. Since the issue here involves operational improvements when Tablet Mode is selected, I suspect that the Surface Button driver is just the code that manages what happens when you touch or click the Tablet Mode button (or tile).

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing any touchpad related concerns with this update? Three finger swipe up and down is a lot less responsive for me now. Only registers about 75% of the time. Thanks!

My keyboard and touchpad become unresponsive periodically, after waking up from hibernation. Also my touchpad periodically becomes slow to react to first touch. Never had these problems before this recent update. I don't regularly use multi-touch gestures, besides vertical scrolling.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720