Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Mouse and Keyboard doesn't allow monitor to sleep?

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly an issue with the Surface Book per se, but the monitor hooked up to my Surface Book won't fully go to sleep when I'm using the Microsoft Sculpt wireless kb and mouse. The monitor will turn off like its going to sleep, then turn on but won't actually display anything, then goes back to sleep and starts the cycle over again.

Removing the USB transmitter for the kb and mouse resolves the issue.

Anyone else having this problem with wireless kb and mice on Surface Pro's and Books?

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the docking station? USB constantly cycling on/off for some devices has been an issue with the dock in the past. Not sure about now.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
you've checked for driver updates?

Yeah, drivers are up to date, including the Microsoft kb and mouse suite.

Are you using the docking station? USB constantly cycling on/off for some devices has been an issue with the dock in the past. Not sure about now.

Nope, no docking station.

My problem does seem to intermittently arise so it might just be a fluke with the set I have. I haven't tried removing the batteries from the kb and mouse or resyncing them, doing so may resolve the issue. If not, I may just exchange for a replacement and see if that fixes the problem. Aside from the issue I'm having, the kb and mouse is pretty awesome. Love the keyboard.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ahh, figured it was worth a shot. I haven't docked my SB to anything in months, so I'm of no help otherwise. I've gone back to both a wired (mechanical) keyboard and mouse combo on my desktop. Heh, heh.. rather feels like moving backwards, but hey ... less lag is less lag. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss