Surface Book 2 possibilities

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
As a SB owner I as curious to what you guys think will be improved upon for the SB 2. Here's some of the things I think the second edition should have.
More space between display port and power charger slot.
Move the SD card slot to the tablet portion.
Upgrade graphics card to a custom Pascal architecture gpu.
Darker gray keys to contrast the backlight better.

What would you guys like to see?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'd like the clipboard to be more like a full blown Surface Pro including an almost invisible kickstand and maybe 4h battery life. And I'd like that to be for sale separately.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It basically becomes a Surface Pro then!
Exactly, but quite a bit lighter, and it can be converted to an actual laptop when needed which the SP4 can't.

Right now I have a 3.5 lbs ThinkPad Yoga 12 that is great for couch surfing, inking etc, but there's no lightweight mode. I have a Surface 3, which is great for couch surfing but doesn't offer a true laptop mode e.g. for working on a seat back tray on a plane. A surface book where the clipboard features a kickstand would be great for me. Lightweight notepad, lightweight netflix machine with a stand, but a real laptop when needed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea why the gap is a big deal to anyone. It has no negative affect to the function of the device in anyway.

Well, yeah, it might not affect device negatively, but it feels kind of odd. I would certainly prefer it to disappear.

I actually liked the hinge and the gap - I don't own the Sb but it looks unique and stylish - certainly something I would like if I had it

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see some kind of kickstand on the clipboard, too. Using the clipboard as a tablet is kind of annoying at the moment, and because of that, I rarely detach anymore. I kind of miss my Surface Pro and may ditch the SB for one in the future. The GPU isn't powerful enough as the trade-off feature. Plus, the extra weight due to having to use the machine mostly as a laptop all the time because of the poor battery life in the clipboard + lack of kickstand for the tablet just makes me think I'd be better off with a Surface Pro again.

I used to take my SP3 into the kitchen and use OneNote for recipes in addition to using the machine as my sole computer in my office. Surface Book has been so unreliable and so useless as a tablet that I no longer do that -- my android phone goes in the kitchen with OneNote loaded on it instead.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
i don't think I could go to the smaller Surface Pro screen or worse keyboard.

My Surface really need not be a laptop. The SB as unstable as it is/was, made me resort to building a desktop again, though this time I went small form factor to save my desk space (still nice to drop a decent GPU in there for some gaming and graphics work, tho -- a desktop 960 smokes the SB's GPU all day long). The Surface Pro keyboards are definitely lacking as a keyboard, but I used my SP3 keyboard so rarely that it doesn't matter to me. Screen size is fine for my usage, too -- my office has a 27" behemoth monitor when I need to really work ;).

The one thing I'd miss is the "lapability" of the SB, but honestly... for the weight loss, I'm OK with that. :)

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Next gen 25w Intel quad core
Gtx 1050 or 1055
Dark grey or black keyboard and tray
Wide gamut LCD or oled screen 14-14.2"
Fully articulating hinge so detach is not needed, but this is minor
Fingerprint scanner as backup to face recognition
Extra points if it can dock to an external desktop gpu box without a special driver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre