Has anyone noticed the keyboard and mouse not working after sleep with this latest round of August updates? 9 times out of 10, when I open my SB the keyboard and mouse are dead and I have to detach then re-attach the clip board in order to get it working again.
    09-01-2016 07:57 AM
    Has anyone noticed the keyboard and mouse not working after sleep with this latest round of August updates? 9 times out of 10, when I open my SB the keyboard and mouse are dead and I have to detach then re-attach the clip board in order to get it working again.
    keep checking for updates or reinstall the drivers for the devices
    09-01-2016 08:28 AM
    Yes, this actually happened to me a couple of times, but last night it was completely weird. After detaching/reattaching, my keyboard worked, but it was like the caps lock was on (but it wasn't). So I decided just to reboot -- when it rebooted, I got the blue screen troubleshooting menu like windows couldn't start, but this was IMMEDIATE (no boot sequence whatsoever). I chose to just skip troubleshooting and boot Windows and then it went through a complete boot sequence (not a restart, but a cold boot). It was fine after that.

My SB just installed a firmware update last night, so it should be interesting to see what happens after that.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:54 AM
    Just to follow up -- since the August firmware update, I am having REGULAR issues with my keyboard/trackpad not working at all (requiring a detach/reattach) after resuming from both sleep and hibernation. It's quite annoying, and I think I'm going to go complain about it on the MS forums.
    09-03-2016 03:54 PM
    Just to follow up -- since the August firmware update, I am having REGULAR issues with my keyboard/trackpad not working at all (requiring a detach/reattach) after resuming from both sleep and hibernation. It's quite annoying, and I think I'm going to go complain about it on the MS forums.
    submit feedback too in the feedback app
    09-04-2016 01:21 PM
    I would submit feedback, but for that I'd have to have enhanced or full data being sent back to MS, and I specifically set that as low as possible (basic), which then won't allow me to use the feedback feature.

I did make a post on MS's support forums about the issue, as it is now occurring very often, though not every single time. It also tends to lag a lot when resuming from hibernation (as in, I resume, log in, and open any program and try to type and the keyboard won't work. If I'm lucky, it starts working within 10-15 seconds, but IMHO, this is unacceptable).
    09-06-2016 09:21 AM