How to enable GPU stretch/scale on Surfacebook?

FIowright

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Usually it would be in the NVIDIA control panel or the INTEL control panel. But NVIDIA control panel only shows 3d settings. And i cant find the intel control panel.

I need to enable the setting because, i'm running a game and the resolution wont stretch/scale to the screen. It just gets smaller as i reduce the resolution.

FIowright

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I haven't tried it with any other game. But it was working before one of the windows updates. Before i was able to adjust resolution without the actual screen shrinking. Now the screen just gets smaller as i change the resolution. I think i just need to enable that option. The GPU stretch/scale option, wherever it is.

FIowright

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The one to scale text and apps? Yeah it doesnt affect the game itself. I can also change the resolution of the screen itself. Its default at 3000x2000. If i change it to something smaller, it does the same thing. The screen just gets tiny and there is a huge border around it. So i dont think its just a problem with the game. Its a problem with changing resolutions in general?

https://postimg.org/image/5n21ogva9/

That is basically what it looks like. Thats just me changing resolution of the screen. But its the same for when i change it in game.

FIowright

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I've found a solution. So here is what i did.

The only way to fix it was to either download the Nvidia control panel or the intel control panel, so you can access the settings for GPU Scaling/Screen scaling.

NVIDIA control panel will only give you the "3D" settings.
INTEL drivers i was unable to download the normal way.

I had to what this website says to do what it says here.

How to install Intel beta graphics drivers for Microsoft Surface and Surface Book | Windows Central

I was then able to get the INTEL control center and i was able to make it so whenever the game launched, my default resolution was not 3000x2000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon