SB randomly stuck on low CPU frequency

kltye

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
So I'm having the opposite problem of the CPU scaling problem, where the CPU is stuck at its highest turbo frequency - mine randomly gets stuck on low frequencies, <700 MHz, no matter the CPU load. This seemed to happen after the last firmware update, which was to fix the stuck-at-turbo-speeds-all-the-time issue. This is annoying because apps randomly slow down, and multitasking becomes a real chore.

I've tried enabling and disabling SpeedShift from the control panel applet, and I've also tweaked the autonomous mode preference policy to 0% to try to force the CPU to turbo. It randomly happens, so after a period of time, it works at its usual speed (>1.5 GHz during regular usage).

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Last edited:

kltye

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope, still facing this issue. I disabled Connected Standby (or Instant Go, or whatever it's called now), but the problem persists. Are you having the same problem as well?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Nope, still facing this issue. I disabled Connected Standby (or Instant Go, or whatever it's called now), but the problem persists. Are you having the same problem as well?

I don't have the device actually but wanted to see if there was any update - have you tried contacting MS support? They can be helpful sometimes

Maksym Ovchynnikov

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
It seems that I have the same issue. Everything - from file system manager to even typing the text - becomes to work very slow, and the CPU frequency is of order of < 1 GHz. This is the real issue for me, since for avoiding such problem I have to restart Surface Book.

Maksym Ovchynnikov

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
My new Surface Book also has the same issue. I've noticed that in most cases the problem occurs when running Edge web browser. The frequency becomes normal when closing it. But since the Edge browser is very convenient for touch using, it is crucial for me to find the solution for this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)