Don't understand the Pink - Surface Dock

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
[This odd post is about the Surface Dock for either Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book, decided to drop it here, mods can move it]

I have decided to replace my [2008 Dell XPS 430] desktop PC with my SB/SP4 using the Surface Dock. Besides the scaling issue, which I still have but found a work-around...I have one other issue and it's kind of annoying. Anywhere there is supposed to be very light blue or light grey colors such as the sides of the twitter feed, top bar of WC forums, top bar in file explorer and a million other places, there is a light pink color instead. Don't know why this is happening or how to fix it. I have also tried it on another monitor from a different company (Lenovo vs. Dell) and it still does the same thing.

If I took a screen shot I don't think you would be able to tell what I am talking about so I took a picture with my phone. See if you can make out the pink colors I am talking about.

1Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciate. I know it is not the dock because I returned one I bought from the MS store and its happening with this new one. I know its not the SB because I also have returned that (for another reason) and got a new one, plus it happens with the Pro 4. I also know its not the monitor because I tried it on two different monitors from different manufacturers. I am thinking it is just the firmware in the dock or software in Windows 10.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
i almost tried it but backed out in fear lol.

Hahaha. Thought of something else you could try (perhaps to determine that the issue is software or hardware) -- have you tried eliminating the dock entirely and passing the video out directly from the Book's mini-DP port?

Also, if your Book is one with the nvidia GPU, you might also force which GPU it uses and see if that makes any difference, again just trying to determine hardware and/or software cause.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz