Trying Again!

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Had a fraudulent transaction on fleabay trying to buy a Surface Book a couple of weeks ago. Decided to try Amazon instead. Just bought one on Amazon yesterday. Splurged and got one with the dGPU as I do a bit of video editing as a hobby and the increased speed for export and working with video effects will be handy. Can't wait to use the pen for photo editing and drawing in Adobe Illustrator.

Also bought a Surface Pro 1 used for my daughter. I was going to give her my MacBook Air but she's wanting a 2 in 1 device and a Surface Pro 1 will be a good starter machine for her. This is our first foray into the world of Windows. I've owned nothing but Apple products since my first computer back in the 80's. The Surface Book with dGPU is going to be a nice upgrade from my MacBook Air. Looking forward to touch interface and pen input. I think we'll see a stream of Apple creatives making the switch.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Both surfaces have arrived and are working great. I was worried about all the bugs people talk about on these devices but both of mine seem to be just fine. I had a few things to iron out as I set everything up but nothing I couldn't overcome. This thing runs great. Screen is so much better than my Macbook air and I'm actually enjoying Windows 10 but I like to learn new things. It was a revelation lying in bed with the book in tent mode surfing the net. The versatility of this thing is great. Loved the pen for editing photos in Lightroom. I looked at everything windows on the market and the surface book just ticked all the boxes for me that nothing else could. So far so good...

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Most of the problems were solved through firmware updates. I believe that this is the best time to get the Surface Book. It works really well and I am loving it. In the first two days I had my issues, mainly because of installing apps and updates, but after everything settled down, the Surface Book works great. I use it mainly as a laptop, but it is great to know that I can detach the display and use it as a tablet. Also having the pen is really great.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Most of the problems were solved through firmware updates. I believe that this is the best time to get the Surface Book. It works really well and I am loving it. In the first two days I had my issues, mainly because of installing apps and updates, but after everything settled down, the Surface Book works great. I use it mainly as a laptop, but it is great to know that I can detach the display and use it as a tablet. Also having the pen is really great.

I would agree now is great time to buy one. Surface Book was extremely buggy for the greater part of the year, though in the past few months, Microsoft has squashed most of the the remaining worst bugs to the point where it's generally very nice to use. That said, I saw something really amusing last weekend -- my dog's veterinarian is carrying a Surface Book around! I guess it's trickling out beyond the usual MS enthusiast and MacBook converts, now, too.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been great. The thing runs cool. I haven't worked it very hard yet but it stays cool to the touch and hasn't warmed up a bit. Very different than my macbook air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb