Detaching the Clipboard (Please Resolve before detaching) now allowed by some apps

brosenz

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Almost any time I want to Detach the Clipboard I will get the message "Please Resolve Before Detaching" and I have to close almost any app, example of some Apps preventing the clipboard from being detached:

- Outlook
- Lynda.com
- MS Project 2016
- Outlook 2016
- Store
- Nextgen Reader
- OneNote
- Excel 2016
- Hulu
- CBS
- SlingTV
- Whatsapp

This is kind of ridiculous, what is the purpose of being able to detach the screen if most of the time you cannot? I know I can close the app detach and open it again, but that is not a very smart approach. I think the reason could be the apps using the GPU card in the base, is there a utility that I can use to activate/deactivate the GPU video card so the apps will use the Intel GPU in the clipboard instead? I would assume that will solve this problem, any comment or suggestion will be appreciated, thanks

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Something strange for sure. Mine won't ask me to resolve before detaching. I tried it with the store, OneNote, edge, chrome etc. with no problems. Only apps that require I close them on mine are Adobe apps because they are using the GPU in the base. You might try downloading and installing the nvidia control panel for the gpu as it does allow you to make some adjustments to gpu settings.

brosenz

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I configured the NVIDIA control panel Global Settings to use "Integrated Graphics" by default and now I can any of the previous apps running and I am able to detach the clipboard without any problem, thank you very much for the great tip

Walid Damouny

Jul 30, 2019
Visit site
Go to:
Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> NVIDIA Control Panel
I the Global Settings tab, choose "Auto-select" from the combo-box under the Preferred graphics processor option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb