OneDrive Sync Problem

brosenz

May 2, 2016
Visit site
If I remove the Pictures folder from the Sync schedule in OneDrive settings (I do not want the photos on my Surface Book, I just want them uploaded from the phone to be backed up into the OneDrive cloud), I will get a Sync error in OneDrive saying something like the folder already exist in one of the locations and I have to delete it, I do, then the OneDrive sync error goes away for a while, onetheless it will surface again, there is no way to remove the error unless I enable folder Sync for the Pictures folder again, do you have an idea on what could be the root cause and how it can be fixed? Thanks

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I do exactly this with my photos and OneDrive sync on my Surface Book and I don't have this issue ... I only sync photos from my android phone to my OneDrive cloud, but not to either of my PCs (Surface Book or desktop PC). This sounds like it might be a good question to ask the folks at Microsoft directly.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this on my Surface Pro 3, when I had my OneDrive folders on an SD card. Are you using an SD card for OneDrive folders? The issue that I saw was that it would occasionally not detect the card, and then when redetected, it would try to sync every folder of my OneDrive (more than 700 GB) to my 64GB card. I would have to go in and change the folders that I wanted to sync back to what I wanted (because it had selected everything), and then delete the local folders. I was scared to death the first few times that I would lose it on OneDrive, but fortunately, I didn't.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this on my Surface Pro 3, when I had my OneDrive folders on an SD card. Are you using an SD card for OneDrive folders? The issue that I saw was that it would occasionally not detect the card, and then when redetected, it would try to sync every folder of my OneDrive (more than 700 GB) to my 64GB card. I would have to go in and change the folders that I wanted to sync back to what I wanted (because it had selected everything), and then delete the local folders. I was scared to death the first few times that I would lose it on OneDrive, but fortunately, I didn't.

This is interesting. All I can say is I'm glad that placeholder functionality is coming back to OneDrive. I miss it sorely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon