Surface book performance base

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure that I read that the original surface book "tablet" fits on the new performance base. Technically there shouldn't be any difference as it was only the base that changed! Think it was in a tweet by Thurrott! :)

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I am pretty sure that I read that the original surface book "tablet" fits on the new performance base. Technically there shouldn't be any difference as it was only the base that changed! Think it was in a tweet by Thurrott! :)

That might be the case, but that is not supported by Microsoft.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Actually the old tablet screen of the SB can be fitted to the new Performance Base. However, Microsoft DOES NOT sell the Performance Base separately. So if you want only the Performance Base, you'd still have to buy the whole SB.

So, yeah. It's not that the old tablet, or Clipboard, of the SB would not work with the newer Performance Base, just that it's crazy to think that you'd have to buy a WHOLE new SB with Performance Base, and toss the newer tablet screen for the sake of fitting it to your old tablet/Clipboard SB screen.

In a way, Microsoft is trying to force users to spend big or go home. Lel

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Not really as the Book is designed as a laptop that can be a tablet and the Pro is a tablet that can be used as a laptop. Plus if you base or clipboard get damaged they don't just replace with the damaged piece. They send you the whole new Surface Book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett