Common Surface Book Problems

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've heard of a few common issues with the Surface Book, including the 'Sleep of Death' bug. But was wondering if any owners out there have had any reuccuring issues they'd like to discuss?

If we can get them out there, we can provide solutions (hopefully!) right here in the community.

If you have a nagging problem with your Surface Book, let's discuss it! Maybe we can fix it! :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to replace my original Surface Book (i7/16GB/1TB/Perf Base), purchased in November. In the 70ish days that I had it, I experienced 37 BSODs, an average of about one every two days. I've had the replacement since mid-February, and no problems with it so far.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
@hopmedic - Wow that's crazy. Replacement was free of charge though?
Yes - it was still under OEM warranty, and even if it wasn't, I would not buy a PC this expensive, that I can't fix myself, without the Microsoft Complete warranty.

I used to administer electronics and home warranties in a prior job, and my advice is always to NOT buy the extended warranty that they try to sell you. One exception - expensive electronics that you cannot disassemble to fix yourself, and cannot afford to be able to replace right away if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)