Share your common Surface Book problems

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've heard of a few common issues with the Surface Book, including the 'Sleep of Death' bug. But was wondering if any owners out there have had any reuccuring issues they'd like to discuss?

If we can get them out there, we can provide solutions (hopefully!) right here in the community.

If you have a nagging problem with your Surface Book, let's discuss it! Maybe we can fix it! :)

dasfoto

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife's surface book screen remains blank for about four minutes after logging in. Doesn't matter if it's from sleep or a full power up. The cursor is there and it can be moved around, but the screen will remain blank. It eventually comes on, and everything works fine from that point forward.

DQuiLon

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
@danny dunlap that sounds like a bad connection between the clipboard and the base. Try cleaning the pins with an alcohol moist cotton (carefully).

For me the issues were fixed after the previous updates, however the only annoyance is a slight bounce that the mouse pointer has is you move it for a very short distance and this is present in older surface pro devices..... More likely an unwanted feature.

ramius

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Im having some wierd issues With spotify. It cant keep a smooth playback to my Bluetooth speaker. It skips through the songs like forwarding an old casette. What gives?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Im having some wierd issues With spotify. It cant keep a smooth playback to my Bluetooth speaker. It skips through the songs like forwarding an old casette. What gives?

May be the app. Or it may not be. I don't use Spotify, so I don't know what it's like. First thing I would suggest, though, would be to go into the BT settings and remove the speaker and try re-pairing it. Also, make sure everything is updated on the Surface. Another thing is that since it is new, depending on what you have up on OneDrive, it could be using a lot of background process time to sync OneDrive. As an example, the first couple days of any PC for me is a pain because I have more than 700 GB up on OneDrive, and while I certainly don't sync it all (That would take a month or more, I think), I do sync more than 40 GB of it.

I don't know if this will help you or not (hope so), but these are a couple thoughts that come to mind.

DQuiLon

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone.... I am having a couple of issues after the April's Update for Win10, and it is most likely related to that, but nevertheless I am experiencing the following:

- Mouse pointer lag after opening and closing apps (even UWP)
- 3-Finger gestures for switching apps sometimes are unresponsive

Finally the most critical issue for me (maybe unrelated to the update):

- Extremely slow charging of my Clipboard, even though I am using an original 95Watts Surface Book Charger...

A few days ago it was charging properly and it used to take around 2 hours to fully charge my SB, and the normal rate was about the same for both clipboard and base, however right now is taking a lot more, and the keyboard is reaching 100% faster...

I have performed some Battery Reports and its health seems normal (full capacity at 87% of design, after 1.5 years) Clipboard with ~300 cycles and Base ~400 cycles.

Could it be the charger?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05