I've heard of a few common issues with the Surface Book, including the 'Sleep of Death' bug. But was wondering if any owners out there have had any reuccuring issues they'd like to discuss?

If we can get them out there, we can provide solutions (hopefully!) right here in the community.

If you have a nagging problem with your Surface Book, let's discuss it! Maybe we can fix it! :)
    03-28-2017 10:48 AM
    My wife's surface book screen remains blank for about four minutes after logging in. Doesn't matter if it's from sleep or a full power up. The cursor is there and it can be moved around, but the screen will remain blank. It eventually comes on, and everything works fine from that point forward.
    03-28-2017 12:01 PM
    battery drains fast during sleep. sat closed all day in "sleep" and went from 95% in the morning to 68% in the evening
    03-28-2017 08:05 PM
    Tap in
    03-28-2017 08:07 PM
    my screen will flash dark and back on every few min. what is up with that?
    04-10-2017 04:06 PM
    @danny dunlap that sounds like a bad connection between the clipboard and the base. Try cleaning the pins with an alcohol moist cotton (carefully).

For me the issues were fixed after the previous updates, however the only annoyance is a slight bounce that the mouse pointer has is you move it for a very short distance and this is present in older surface pro devices..... More likely an unwanted feature.
    04-14-2017 03:40 PM
    04-20-2017 03:37 AM
    Im having some wierd issues With spotify. It cant keep a smooth playback to my Bluetooth speaker. It skips through the songs like forwarding an old casette. What gives?
    04-22-2017 11:33 AM
    Im having some wierd issues With spotify. It cant keep a smooth playback to my Bluetooth speaker. It skips through the songs like forwarding an old casette. What gives?
    May be the app. Or it may not be. I don't use Spotify, so I don't know what it's like. First thing I would suggest, though, would be to go into the BT settings and remove the speaker and try re-pairing it. Also, make sure everything is updated on the Surface. Another thing is that since it is new, depending on what you have up on OneDrive, it could be using a lot of background process time to sync OneDrive. As an example, the first couple days of any PC for me is a pain because I have more than 700 GB up on OneDrive, and while I certainly don't sync it all (That would take a month or more, I think), I do sync more than 40 GB of it.

I don't know if this will help you or not (hope so), but these are a couple thoughts that come to mind.
    04-22-2017 06:23 PM
    I actually am suspicious of the magnetic pen and the blutooth signal. If they might be interfering.
    04-23-2017 07:16 AM