Concerns of buying a Surface Book with Performance Base

Brian Embry

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
After playing around with a Surface Book and an SP4 at a Microsoft kiosk. I love the hardware, oh how I love the hardware. My concern is software. I am using a mid-2010 Macbook Pro. It works fine, a little slow booting up. I am use to the smoothness of MacOS. The one thing that keeps glaring at me is Windows 10 and the software issues. I really just don't want to have to deal with constant driver issues and buggy software.

The tasks that I would do with a laptop will be media consumption, research, a ton of writing, some light photo and possible video editing. I would use the pen to write on the Notepad and convert my crummy handwriting to text. If I bought Apple's 15" MacBook Pro, iPad Pro 12.9, Pencil, and Smart Keyboard, that would cost me close to $4000. I would come out ahead moneywise if I went with the Surface Book. I am impressed with the Surface hardware. So, long way around. How much am I over thinking this? What are your thoughts?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. I had one that I got about two weeks before it actually launched, and it kept giving me BSODs. It was a hardware problem. I exchanged it, and now have a refurb that has been perfect since February. No problems at all, thankfully. I know that not everyone is so lucky with the refurbs, but I am this time around.

I love my SB i7/16GB/1TB with Performance Base, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro