hi,

I recently purchased a surface dock (model 1661) for my surface book, but it doesn't work with my monitor (dell p2416d). I know it doesn't support some monitors but mine is fine according to this list. I use a DP - mini DP cable, but I also tried it with an HDMI cable with a mini DP adapter, to no avail. I also updated the FW on the display dock, still - nothing.

any ideas?
    10-06-2017 03:24 AM
    hi,

I recently purchased a surface dock (model 1661) for my surface book, but it doesn't work with my monitor (dell p2416d). I know it doesn't support some monitors but mine is fine according to this list. I use a DP - mini DP cable, but I also tried it with an HDMI cable with a mini DP adapter, to no avail. I also updated the FW on the display dock, still - nothing.

any ideas?
    What is it doing when you try to use it? Also, is the dock working with other accessories? Mice, keyboard, etc?
    10-06-2017 08:42 AM
    it just doesn't work, the laptop sees that there should be a second screen but I can't set it to duplicate/extend desktop, or to show desktop just on the monitor screen. when I unplug it from the dock, the monitor displays the "no source, going to sleep in 5 min" message (or sg like that), while it is just pitch black when plugged in, so there is definitely _some_ connection.

works fine with everything else, be it keyboard, mice, external HDD, audio jack, even the usb hub built in the monitor.
    10-06-2017 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD