Surface Book 2 Battery Life

ctballos

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having horrible battery life. Last night I used the clipboard and when I started it was 100% I put battery saver mode on and I surfed the web but mostly played solitaire. The display was set to 25% brightness and after an hour battery power was down to 20%. The screen would occasionally flicker and it went black a couple times. Not to mention Outlook, Google Earth and some apps don't run. I've installed and re-installed office a couple times and still can't get outlook to load. I'm hoping for a software fix real soon.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Was it trying to do updates or scans while you were in clipboard mode? I haven't tested that mode from a battery time angle, but the many reviews I've read where they did try they at least got a few hours out of it. I use outlook (there is a new update for Office 2016 in the last couple days). Also when you first get the SB2 you'll likely get the Fall CU pushed down to you which is a serious system consuming update. Given that you are having software issues is sounds like something was updating or your system needs it if it didn't finish.

Give a lookup of the Command prompt "sfc /scannow" which can check system files for corruption or errors. I will at least tell you that while I uninstalled the presupplied Office and dropped in the 64 bit 2016 Pro 365 subscription, I have not had issues with either Excel or Outlook and I have to use those for work.

Only thing you've spent more time doing is the undocked usage but the flickering and software issues seem to indicate something amiss there.

ctballos

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi FXi2, thanks for the response. I have since shut off most items in my startup folder and turned off most of the live tiles as well as most notifications. I've also shut off Wi-Fi and BT when the machine is off. I retested last evening, while watching TV I played Solitaire. My results were better and I got 2.5 hours using the clipboard until the power came down to 10%. A little better. I did the same as you with the pre-installed Office Suite and installed the 64 bit version of Office 365 Home.

I ran the "sfc /scannow" program and it didn't seem to do anything. It just went away so I hoping it's working in the background. The screen flicker is a bother, even though only intermittent, and I'm hoping for a fix It seems to only happen when the clipboard is detached. I'll give it a few weeks to see if anything develops before I contact Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa