Surface Book Keyboard not working

uwebraun

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I got my Surface Book twice replaced during the warranty period. Started with loudspeaker problems and the first replacement had screen issues. Now the 2nd replacements has problems with the keyboard.
I am getting usually in each session a message that the USB Driver is not working correctly and was not recognized, resulting in a complete loss of functionality of the keyboard and I have to resort to an external one. Strangely it is very inconsistent when it happens, sometimes I can type away for hours, sometimes it stops right after startup.

Anyone got similar problems or has a solution. Microsoft surfaces couldn't come up with a good answer and now my warranty expired.

I like the hardware, though not sure, I would buy a Surface again, remembering all the problems.

Thank you.
Uwe

Pat KIt

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I got my Surface Book twice replaced during the warranty period. Started with loudspeaker problems and the first replacement had screen issues. Now the 2nd replacements has problems with the keyboard.
I am getting usually in each session a message that the USB Driver is not working correctly and was not recognized, resulting in a complete loss of functionality of the keyboard and I have to resort to an external one. Strangely it is very inconsistent when it happens, sometimes I can type away for hours, sometimes it stops right after startup.

Anyone got similar problems or has a solution. Microsoft surfaces couldn't come up with a good answer and now my warranty expired.

I like the hardware, though not sure, I would buy a Surface again, remembering all the problems.

Thank you.
Uwe

I have the same problem too. I have been using it for 2 weeks and it just start about a day ago. I can't really tell if it's a hardware or software problem. The weird thing is that my FN, Caps and all the function roll keys all still working. Usually I have to wait about 5 min and then it will fix itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro