Is there a USB-C to DP adaptor coming for the SB2?

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
We're getting USB-C to HDMI, though what flavor of HDMI is not yet known (HDR capable?). But for me I need DP. Is MS working on a DP adaptor without going the route of an entire box? Or do we just go grab flavor of the day adaptor from Amazon? I'm not a fan of the cheap adaptors but perhaps there is no other choice.

Not sure if anyone knows.

samuele dassatti

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Knowing that they didn't even release a miniDP-DP adapater for older Surfaces, I highly doubt we'll see one from Microsoft. You should look for one on Amazon.

DCTonkaTruck

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I'm also on the hunt for an adapter! I'd really like to see USB-C to Ethernet+USB 3.1+HDMI/DP Not sure how the "lanes" stack up and whether that's possible, but that would be a very handy dongle thing.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I should have said USB C to mini DP. MS makes mini DP to HDMI and mini DP to VGA to cover folks who need a different format. Just seems odd that given the change to USB C as the "output" they didn't cover those bases with USB C adapters as well. USB C is notorious for adaptors that don't meet "spec" as it were, so getting a trusted vendor has some importance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS