Surfacebook 2 and Forza 7 Demo

hardy1076

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with playing the Forza 7 Demo from the Windows Store - I am running 1803 and just installed the game. I get as far as loading the intro and the game then closes on its own. Any suggestions ?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the laptop can run it. I checked here: https://www.game-debate.com/games/i...GT+1030&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemrequirements

Now, I had to make some alterations:

1. The CPU. The configurator didn't have some of the models that the SB2 has. Barring no other choice, I went with a desktop CPU.
2. I couldn't even select a GTX 1050 2 GB. The MS store doesn't list it as a 1050Ti, so I am assuming that it's the base model. I selected a GTX 1030. The results are probably skewed against the machine a little, but given the 2 GPUs are fairly close, I don't think the skew is by much.
3. I assumed the lowest amount of RAM.

Based on all that, the bottleneck is the GPU. It is running at 40% of the minimum recommendations. I would guess the game is crashing because the VRAM is insufficient.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd be very surprised if the SB2 can run this at all to be honest. I don't think it can. If it closes on its own then chances are the hardware of the SB2 (i.e. the graphics card) isn't powerful enough to run the game.

After reading @Golfdriver97 and the reply above, I was correct. This sort of thing is why I game on consoles seperately now. But I do remember the exact same game behaviour in the late 90s when playing games on PC and the hardware was just not good enough. The game would work fine until it actually needed to use the graphics hardware, upon which it would just crash.

hardy1076

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the above comments - I have the SB 15 with i7, 16GB , 512 SSD and 1060 Graphics. I actually downloaded Forza 4 full version through Game Pass and it worked like a charm - I didn't even have to crank the Power slider to full performance. The same happened with Gears of War 4 - this game also runs smooth as butter. Now, keep in mind I also did not go into any settings and cranked the eye candy to any ridiculous settings. I simply left the game at defaults - looked pretty decent !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa